The Isle of Skye offers every kind of accommodation from the simplicity of camping to the luxury of hotels, including a wide choice of Bed & Breakfast and Self Catering. They are listed in abundance here on IsleofSkye.com.
Questions about accommodation on Skye
What time of year is best?
The Island never closes, but summer (April to October) is the main time visitors come to the Island. The weather can never be guaranteed, but if you’re lucky in April and May we often get weeks of clear blue skies and sunshine. The hottest months are normally June and July the coldest are December to February.
When should I book my visit to Skye?
The simple answer is – ‘As soon as Possible’. This ensures you get your preferred location. Many of the well-established self catering cottages will take bookings for more than a year in advance. The high season summer months June, July & August will always be in demand, so if that’s when you plan to visit, book early to get the locations.
Where on the Island of Skye is best to stay?
This is very much down to personal preference, but you should consider the following:
- If you don’t plan to have your own transport, book somewhere in one of the larger villages such as Portree, Broadford or Dunvegan.
- If you would like privacy for a quiet holiday, choose a more remote corner of the Island such as Ord in Sleat, Elgol by Broadford or Waternish.
What type of accommodation should I choose?
- If you are on a budget or are a bit more adventurous then Camping is a good option.
- Short breaks of 2-3 days work well using Bed and Breakfast.
- Self Catering is a great option for families or people staying a full week or more.
- Hotels are great if you don’t wish to do any cooking or have a larger budget.
How do I book my accommodation on IsleofSkye.com?
We offer two options:
- We have list properties based on their type and location; each listing has a ‘More Information’ link where full details can be found.
- We also have a booking system which allows visitors to search for accommodation with availability.
Skye is a large Island. To help you find some where to stay each accommodation type has been categorised by the different areas around the Island.